The FOCAL Factory recipe
It is fairly easy to create a new module out of a set of FOCAL programs. You need an HP-41CL, a NoV module or a HEPAX module and a means to transfer the module image to your PC (via the 41CL serial interface, the PIL-BOX (with the EMU41 program on your PC) or the HP-IL/RS-232 converter. Then do this:
- Enter the FOCAL programs into the HP-41 (key in, use a barcode wand or otherwise load the programs into RAM)
- It’s a good idea to write a short “Module identification program” as the first program that will show up on CAT 2
- Save the programs to HEPAX RAM using the function “HSAVEP”
- When you have loaded the HEPAX RAM page with the programs you want, edit the first address of the page using “HEXEDIT” to enter the XROM# you want for the module
- Transfer the page to your PC and follow Juergen Keller’s instructions
Then join The FOCAL Factory.