Before reading this blog post, please read up on my previous post on the Scientology subject of Clear – “Conclusion: There are no Clears”
Be warned that this blog post contains advanced Scientology stuff.
I have recently done some further research into the State of Clear and its history. Let’s first recap some basics and then bridge over into a curious but fundamental inconsistency of Scientology:
- In order for a problem to resolve or a “mental charge” to “blow”, one must get to the very basics, the root cause of it and then it will vanish.
- An individual (a thetan) was originally almighty and Clear (no reactive mind)
- At some point during at least the past 4 quadrillion years (as per the OT 3 material), the thetan started creating a reactive mind and became “unClear”
- The very first traumatic incident (engram) holds the key to unlocking the reactive mind, and when inspected thoroughly through auditing, the individual can again become Clear
- Individuals may become Clear on different levels of The Bridge to Total Freedom
- Many go Clear on New Era Dianetics (NED), while those who do not will take the sure-fire way through the Clearing Course
- The Clearing Course will handle the very basics that will unlock the person’s reactive mind and make him or her Clear
- In the OT 3 material (“2nd note, point 8) we learn that the heavy traumatic incidents handled on the Clearing Course was in fact implanted as part of the OT3 incident administered by the late Xenu only 75 million years ago (referred to as Incident 2)
- The chance for a thatan to have become unClear as late as during those few turbulent days 75 million years ago is much less than one in 4 billion
- So why is the sure-fire way to Clearing a person handling some incident so extremely close to Present Time that there is virtually no chance that this incident could have been the cause for the individuals descent from Clear to starting mocking up his reactive mind?
- Should we understand from this that every individual went unClear and started creating a reactive mind when Xenu got his fits?
- Or should we understand that Xenu was so angelic that he skillfully administered an implant that when unlocked, it would unlock all earlier trauma until the beginning of time? Should we then praise Xenu?
I put this question forth to one of the wisest and highest trained Scientologists in history. And he could not sort out this interesting, perhaps disturbing inconsistency.
At the same time I have talked to many who have done the Clearing Course, and most have had great, even life-changing gains from doing that step on the Bridge. So clearly it does Something profound.
I believe Allan Watts got it right when he said:
Make the person do some sort of regimen that the person truly believe he will get great gains from and voilá.