With recent events cencerning the subject and the church of Scientology, it seems appropriate to reflect on my current stance on both the suvject and the church.
Debbie Cook left the church. Katie broke up with Tom. And now the news that the one and only Mark Schreffler declared independence as a scientologist.These are but three of the many blows that the church of Scientology has suffered in 2012.
As you may know, I left the church in 2009 with a 6 page write-up on why I had had enough. Since then I have been exploring life along many avenues. This and my previous blog give a decent picture of my explorations. I even published a book titled “Six months in the open” to give some kind of insight into one person leaving at the top of the Bridge. When I wrote a blog post titeled, “I am not a Scientologist”, I got many reactions, even got de-linked on Marty’s blog. Some thought “Oh, finally, Geir has seen the light”. Others thought I had gone bonkers. But most people understood the blog post. Still, the picture is not quite descriptive of the present without this post you read now.
I will keep it short. I hold conciseness as a virtue.
- I believe Scientology contains much value – in the basic philosophy and in the tools it offers.
- I owe much to Scientology auditing; Personal integrity, confidence, artistic creativity, calmness, enlightenment, not taking everything so serious in life, enjoying life more fully.
- The lower Bridge is generally very good. The upper Bridge (OT levels) did me wonders – but I belive it handles something different than what L. Ron Hubbard describes in his very dramatic sci-fi way.
- I owe my surge in communication skills to the communication drills I did in Scientology. I owe my skills as a public speaker also to those drills, as well as to Mark Schreffler – the best public speaker I have seen.
- I know Scientology to give great insight into how reality comes about.
- I believe that the Tone Scale is a good tool to understand and help others.
- I find the Admin Scale a great tool to help people get effective in life. The Admin Scale can be improved, something I will cover in an upcoming book.
- I have seen the Study Tech, although incomplete, do wonders with kids and adults alike.
- There are many useful tools beyond the above.
- I think the Ethics Tech is unempathetic and humanly unfriendly. It equates human value to the person’s production output.
- I see the Admin Tech as mostly a disaster – responsible for the Orwellian cult called the Church of Scientology.
- I think it is important that thet human rights abuses in the church get stopped.
- I believe in Open Sourcing Scientology, to let it evolve.
- I still want to complete my Ls – L10 and L12.
- I still want to do the old OT levles (4-7).
- I still use Scientology every day in my life. I also use art, computers, psychology, physics and a lawn mover now and then.
- I am not a scientologist. Just like I am not an artist, computerist, psychologist, physicist or the lawn mover man.
- I am a seeker. An explorer of free will. Which is why a rewamped article, “On Will” is soon finding its way to a blog post near you.
If there is anything on the above list that you don’t understand, disagree with or want to question – feel free to ask.